Sing to the LORD a new song, for He has done marvelous things...Psalm 98:1

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Fall is Here: Welcoming Every Season


He changes times and seasons; he deposes kings and raises up others. He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning.
Daniel 2:20-22 



Fall feels new.  New teachers at school, new backpack, new clothes, new expectations, new personalities, new friendships blossom.  New weather as the hot summer leaves, summer clothes get packed away and new warmer clothes get tucked in drawers.  It can also bring things that aren't so welcome.  New pressures.  New goals to strive for.  A new balancing act between what is and what should be.


Heading into fall reminds me  that just as leaves fall from the trees when a season ends, the things that I struggle with will end and fall off the trees of my life.  Difficult friendships, tough times with a child, hard financial struggles - these will end or transition to something else.  How I handle them now, matters.  I need to walk with integrity in every season, no matter how I feel about them.  I am called to sing a new song in this new season and rejoice in it.


I'm thankful that God walks with me through every season, whether I'm pleasant to be around or not.  :)  He knows me and exactly what I need in my life to grow.  He is in charge of the seasons in weather and the seasons in my life.  I cannot change either.  I can only release the grip I have on my life, and humbly hand it all over to Him (again) and trust that He will bring whatever weather is best for me, right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment